Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Best & Worst Job

The best job I feel I had was when I was working at a nursing home in Hayward. The best points of the job were that most of the day all I really did was walk around and watch the elderly people play shuffle board and the Nintendo WII for hours at a time. This experience was great for me because I love to see elderly people try to stay active. From this experience working with the elderly I have even more respect for them than I did before because many of them were always giving me words of wisdom and advice on life in so many ways and aspects. However, the worst part of my job was that I had to clean bed pans and change bed sheets. This experience grossed me out in so many ways. The things I would see in people’s beds were just sickening. In a sense I have developed a tough skin for certain things, but I feel I should have spent a longer time with this organization because it was a learning experience in being patient and tolerant of people in this setting. If I had the opportunity to work there again I would ask if they had an opening in a computer field like networking or technical assistance, because I loved the experience I was gaining from the people there and I remember this elderly lady told me, "You live and you learn." 

No comments:

Post a Comment