Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas

Christmas for me really is just a time to relax and watch my little brothers go nuts over what they got for Christmas. In many ways I feel that being excited about getting gifts for Christmas is for children.
I feel that Christmas Changed for me at 17. At that age I realized it wasn’t about me anymore, it suddenly became more about my little brothers. For instance, instead of being asked what I want for Christmas I am now told what my little brothers want and how my dad might get everything they ask for. I would rather see a smile on my little brother’s faces then receive gifts. This is a part of growing up and besides its better to give than to receive. Over the next week i will be with my little brother watching them play with their wonderful gifts that their going to receive . The one wish i have is to come back to school and completely earn my internship. The only event I can really think of is,the youngest child in the family puts the star on top of the tree.

3 comments:

  1. I like the reality that set in on the part where you say it's not about you anymore. I realized that this year for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way most of my life because my little brother is only 5 years younger than me. The thing that changed my perspective was when I saw my brother one day and he was taller than me. It feels like I am the younger brother because he is bigger than me. Now I can enjoy my presents because he feels like presents are for kids. So don’t worry you’ll get the feeling back once your little brothers become plain bigger than you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DeJone, I really liked this blog post. It was clearly written, interesting, and thoughtful. I particularly liked the line about you wanting to get back to YU and to earn your internship as this is exactly what I want for you as well. A few suggestions for future posts (and writing in general): 1) don't forget to capitalize "I" when it stands alone and 2) include more details when you can. I would have liked to know more about the kinds of gifts your brothers got and more about your brothers, for instance.

    ReplyDelete